Monday, November 4, 2013

A Mini Truck

A Mini Truck
Nobody wants to live in a poor and backward country. In 1987, Deng XiaoPing approved the Reform and Opening-up Policy, and it was a very important and completely correct thing for China at that moment. Moreover, the people who lived in the country were very poor and worked hard in the old China. For example, when Mao Zedong was chairman, he said, our country is vast, we can be self-sufficient, and the farming is the most important thing for us. Thus, the people just had their job on their farmland, and they had no any chance to change their lives. However, Chairman Dengs reform was approved. It changed the lives of everyday people living in China, and resulted in better employment, transportation, and education.
When my father was young, he did not need to do a lot of farm work, but made more money working as a employee. After the reforms were approved, there were more and more foreign companies and private businesses invested in the coastal area, so the companies needed a huge labor force to work for them. Shenzhen was one of the earliest reform cities located in the coastal area that made it easy to export, and it was also a window for China to see the world. If this new city wanted to have a good development at the beginning, it needed huge workforce, so a large number of people who lived in country flocked into Shenzhen and found a job; my dad was one of those people. Moreover, working for the companies was better than farming. My dad told me that when he worked in Shenzhen, he could open his vision and get more experience. Furthermore, his employment in this new economic zone has affected our family for a long time.
Another consequence of the Reform and Opening-up Policy was that the traffic system became integrated in my hometown-Taishan. A lot of factories moved to my hometown because it is closed to Shenzhen. Consequently, the city had to build a better traffic system for the demand of the economy. On the one hand, the spacious roads were good for transportation. Nevertheless, my dad decided to quit his day job, and he used his savings to buy a mini truck. He went to deliver the cargo for the factories in my hometown. It gave him more freedom and made more money. In addition, traveling on a flat road is more enjoyable for the people. When I was a child, my dad usually drove me to on short trips around my hometown with his mini truck, and he would tell me some stories of Taishan on the way. Those stories inspired me and made me want to pursue the moon.
 Additionally, there were more and more children that could go to school because of the better economy. After the reforms, not only the economy picked up fast, but also the education. Economy is the pillar of country, and the education is base of society. Thus, education is very important for sustainable development in China. When I was six, I began to school. The first time I got into the classroom, I saw everything was new, and I was so interested in that good environment to study. on the other hand, the government and some philanthropists built some learning foundations; that were also helping the students. As a result, reforms was very important and influential for the education part of China.
The mini truck is only one example of how the Reforms and Opening-up Policy affected my family. I love the mini truck because it gave me a lot of fun and helped my family move into the middle class. Moreover, the reforms also affected Chinese in many aspects. Including the economy, transportation, and education. Actually, the reforms were not only influential in China, but also in the world. It made China to be giving the country a more prominent place in the world. It also helped Chinese people gain more respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment