Thursday, November 7, 2013

Invasion

The last generational Chinese people had treated the Japanese as an enemy with their hatefulness for sixty years. My grandmother experienced the Japanese invasion. At that time, my grandmother was twenty-five years old, and she has married with my grandfather for three years. When the Japanese invaded into my grandmother’s village, every villager escaped to caves for dodge invaders and save their lives. During that time, my grandmother and her villagers did not have any food. Therefore, they dug tree roots to preserve their lives. However, my grandmother’s friend lost her first child because her baby lacked the necessary nutrition. At the same time, some of old people did not want to leave a place where they had grown up. They wanted to grow old there. Those who stayed behind were killed by invaders, and all villages’ belongings were stolen by the Japanese invaders. My grandmother’s experience of war and uncertainty that made me knew how to treasure the things that I have.



       My grandmother’s experience has taught me that I should treasure the opportunity of education. As my grandmother said “if we have knowledge that we were not bullied by Japanese” In fact, villagers had enough power to withstand with the Japanese invaders at that time. However, the education in my grandmother’s generation was very poor, and most people did not even go to school. At that time, several invaders got into my grandmother’s village, and hundreds of villagers escaped to the caves. They did even think about fighting against invaders. My grandmother used to say, “The Japanese might not invaded China, if China had enough power. Knowledge always can change your situation.” In addition, my grandmother hoped her experience could affected me understood a learning opportunity is very seldom, and I could control the unexpected situation. I follow my grandmother’s opinion very much because knowledge can make people more power.
                                                            
        In addition, I should be treasure the things that my parents give me. The old generation always said “The young generation was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.” It means young generations’ live a better life than the old generations. They have enough to eat and a warm house. However, children still keep complaining to their parents. One month ago, I saw a news from newspaper that was talking about a teenager threatened his parents that he wanted to kill himself if his parents did not buy an Iphone for him. My grandmother told me her cave’s life in details when she saw this news. For example, they could not take a shower, could not sleep in a bed, and could not eat normal food because there were not enough to everyone. Compared with my life, I thought I have been living in a paradise. I will not complain to the things that my parents give me because I know they try their best in my life.
       Finally, this history lets me cherish food. When I was a little girl, my family and my grandparents went to restaurant, and my mom asked me to order what I like. I ordered a lot of food, but from each dish I just ate little bit. Some I even did not eat at all. At that time, my grandmother was getting angry and asked me “Do you know a lot of people can not get full in the world?” and she told me her experience in invasion. During that time, a lot of people died because they did not have enough food to survive. In the meantime, I did not know what was going on, and I was scared by my grandmother’s angry. After a few years, I was getting into a middle school, and I learned some Chinese history from the books. Historical books showed me how the generation which my grandmother born in passed through the hard time in detail. Eventually, my grandmother’s experience affected me to cherish food and not be wanted full.

       My grandmother’s experience lets me know how to cherish the opportunity of education, the things that my parents give me and the food that we have. Eventually, my grandmother’s experience is like a guiding light that show me to cherish all those things, and makes me to be a better person. Even though I was not born into a rich family, I am still satisfying with my life, and still feel proud of my grandmother.

2 comments:

  1. The fact is that there are still many people can't have enough food to eat. However, some people waste food, and some children who are from the 21th century are not satisfied with their lives. They will complain their parents that they did't get the best things. Thus, I think parents should show them how to cherish things after their children was born because the old generation will always have a big effect on children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many asian people who had experiences of the Japanese invasion might had similar experiences in that time. Because of the history my grandmother was born in Japan and lived there. I didn't ask how it was, but I know she doesn't think much of Japan. The tragedy history still affects a lot of people's life.

    ReplyDelete