Monday, October 7, 2013

A Sad Guy

Friendship is always important in life. One night, my parents told me the news that we would go to the U.S. soon. This news shocked me a lot, and I began losing my head. That night, I kept thinking about how I would live in America because I had lived in my hometown for nineteen years. I certainly did not have any friends in the U.S.and I did not know much English. Those were the most important reasons that made me not want to be an American. However, my parents insisted that we should go to American, and I could not stop them. My family was moving together, and I felt so sad and worried about my new life without my old friend. Losing a friend just like eating a piece of cake, but making friend seems like climbing to the mountain top. After a few months, I came to the U.S., I lost all my friends who still lived in my hometown.

Different environments make people have different experiences, and the big city life had made it hard for me to make friends in the U.S.. America is one of the most developed countries in the world, so almost all the people who live in America have decent computer knowledge. Many people are having attached to the Internet and their smart phones. However, I dont like to live in somewhere has much radiation because it seems unnatural. I still like to live in the nature, like my hometown. There were a lot of mountains around my hometown; when I lived there, I usually went to the mountains to catch wildlife at midnight. For example, the birds, mice, and snakes. However, whenever, I mentioned the things what I did in my hometown to the Americans, they were so scared. I knew they were not only scared of what I did, but also of me. Experiences of growing up in the countryside have given me a lot of fun, but it has made it hard for me to make friends in the U.S..

 Different cultures make people have different life styles The United States has diverse cultures; some cultures that I have never hear of. Most Americans have their own religion what they believe in, so they would tend to their own communities in their lives. For example, there are a lot of churches around my home in the U.S., and every Sunday morning, many people flock to the churches, and then they will leave after some religions rites. The religions rites in the U.S. Differ greatly from China. I am a Buddhist, but I have not found any temples around my home in the U.S., I have also not found any Americans to be a Buddhist. Therefore, if I want to make friends with Americans, I have to know a little about American cultures, and I should respect different religions. This will help me to build a good friendship with Americans.

Additionally, my bad English always makes me dare not to talk with Americans. However, Chinese and English are completely different, not only the writing but also the pronunciation. Sometime I wanted to talk with Americans in  my classes, but I was afraid to say something wrong because I knew my English was bad. Similarly, when Americans talked to me, I did not understand what they were talking about. Once, my teacher asked me to do a presentation about beauty in class. Since I did not know many words to describe it, I stood up and kept silent. I felt so embarrassed at that time. Nevertheless, since I moved to the U.S., language has been the biggest barrier for me to make friends in my new life.

No matter where I am, I would do my best to live better, and I will remember my friends who live in China forever. When I moved to the U.S., I was listless  and sad because I felt strange for the environment, I was not familiar with the cultures, and I did not know much English to communicate with the others; those reasons made it hard for me to make friends. Though I could not change the living environment, I could change myself. Thus, I will never to be a sad guy anymore. I should open my heart to accept the others and make friends with them; it will offer me more interesting things in my future life in the U.S..  
 

2 comments:

  1. Although you lost many things during the translation, you will be stronger than others when you get used to it. Learning a new cultual is difficult; however, it is the most specially experiences in our life. I believe we will gain much more thing back than we lost in the furture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okey man, After I came here I used to miss my friends in my country. Every single day connects with them, but eventually everything changed by the time. Time is flying like a airplane very quick. That made me to make new friends and realized me who was my real friend or just fake posters. Now some of my friends became just acquaintances.

    ReplyDelete